Welcome to ERN Ohio
March 6, 2023
The Southern Ohio ERN® (SOERN®) welcomes PGW Auto Glass to the Ross County ERN®! Alison Bowling, Success Coach, is available onsite to assist member employees with any work or home challenge to retain their employment, gain new skills, and be a part of improved company culture.
March 1, 2023
ERN USA® and Ohio ERN® welcome the Northeast Ohio ERN® (NEOERN®), launched by Towards Employment as Lead Organization/Administrator. Initial member employers include Jennings Center for Older Adults, Judson Services, Inc, and St. Augustine Health Ministries. Le’Ora Porter, Success Coach, is available at member companies to assist employees with any goal or challenge at work and home. Haidee Garcia, Senior Manager, Industry Partnerships of Towards Employment is the Northeast Ohio ERN Administrator, actively recruiting area companies ready to increase their retention, reduce stress and increase productivity for employees, and improve company culture.
March 28, 2022
ERN USA® and Ohio ERN® welcome Firelands Forward as the new lead organization for Firelands ERN®. Member companies include Ability Works, Inc.; Community Life and Innovation; Dave’s Food Market – Norwalk; Encouraging and Celebrating Independence; Fisher-Titus; REM Ohio Ottawa; Renaissance House, Inc.; and Riverview Industries.
Luis Quezada, Wellness Coach, is available to meet with member employees onsite and remotely. He assists member employees with any home or work challenge to increase employee stability and success.
Firelands Forward addresses immediate and future workforce needs of the Firelands Region, builds on existing economic and workforce development work, and enables the region to develop strategies for a continuous talent pipeline.
ERN USA® and Ohio ERN® welcome the Southern Ohio ERN® (SOERN®) with the launch of the Jackson/Vinton ERN®, led by Jackson Community Action, Inc., and Ross County ERN®, led by Ross Community Action, Inc. Employer members include Adena Regional Medical Center and Bellisio Foods. Success Coaches are available at member companies to assist employees with any goal or challenge at work and home. Lance Cramner, SOERN® Coordinator, is actively recruiting area companies ready to increase their retention, reduce stress and increase productivity for employees, and improve company culture.
Saturday, February 18, 2023
Less than a year ago, the Southern Ohio Employer Resource Network was formed when a coalition led by the Ohio Valley Regional Development Commission, Ross County Community Action Commission and Jackson-Vinton Community Action, saw a need for services that could increase employer retention in Southeast Ohio.
Employer Resource Networks® are private-public consortia whose purpose is improved workforce retention through employee support and training
The key ERN® innovations are:
- business engagement
- cross-sector collaboration among employers
- human services and educators
- workplace-based employee success coaching (case management)
- real-time referrals to community resources
ERN® stakeholders include:
- small to mid-sized companies
- public human services and workforce development
- private non-profits
- community colleges and vocational training organizations
- local, regional and national foundations and United Ways
ERNs® improve communities in a variety of ways:
- employers retain an engaged and skilled workforce
- public agencies and nonprofits get better outcomes from programs that advance economic independence
- community colleges add students and build closer ties to area businesses
ERNs® are a value proposition to all stakeholders. Their outcomes include:
- employee retention rates of 90%-98%
- average employer ROI of 500%
- increased employee engagement
- improved company culture
- informal regional human resource networks
- decreased employee reliance on public assistance
- increased family financial stability
ERN® Programs help employees access social service and training programs that support employment.
ERNs® partner with local government, non-profits and private employers to offer the best resources available
ERNs® network with other Employer Resource Networks® (ERNs) across the country who share best practices and ideas.
The Success Coach can confidentially help employees:
- improve employment skills
- overcome personal barriers
- prepare for advancement opportunities
ERNs® coordinate with community organizations to offer training opportunities such as:
- Basic computer skills
- Computer applications
- Financial management and budgeting
- Diversity education
- Credit repair and foreclosure prevention
- Affordable family nutrition
- English as a second language (ESL)
- Leadership and problem solving
- Math proficiency
- GED classes
- Health and wellness
- Free income tax preparation
ERN-USA National News
ERN USA Administrator Webinar: Recruiting, Engaging, and Sustaining Employer Members
- Review the process & learn best practices from admin growing ERNs
- Articulate the value of ERNs in recruitment
- Sustain employer members with ongoing engagement